Thursday, April 17, 2014

Evening Skincare Routine- feat Clarisonic Mia2

Skin type : Oily & acne prone

I put on make-up almost every single day and believe it or not, as much as i LOVE putting on make up, I enjoy taking it off just as much. Coz by the end of my long ass day at work, my make up would've melted off by the oil my face produces and it just feels grossssss.

Cleanse
Make-up removing
Personally, I prefer cleansing waters to take off the day's makeup and recently I've been using the This Works Clean-skin-5-in-1-water. This was kind of an impulse purchase while I was browsing through Luxola coz my Neutrogena cleansing water's almost finished at the time and i hated it and will neverrrr repurchase it, so I got this since the packaging's cute too. GLAD i got it coz I freaking love it! It smells like rose and it doesn't sting my eyes, AND it removes my waterproof eye make up so well. This in my opinion is on par with the love of my life Bioderma.



Cleansing
After removing all the gunk off my face with a few cotton pads, i get on to my fav part, using the Clarisonic Mia2! I started using this since end of January this year, everyday twice a day and I must say, all the hype this little machine got wasnt for shit. The way it cleanses your skin is just beyond what the human hands can do dammit. It leaves my skin squeaky clean that when i tone it, there's not even a trace of make up on the cotton pad. But ofcourse you need a great cleanser to go with it otherwise it wont perform well. For my skin, I use the Purity Made Simple 3 in 1 Cleanser by Philosophy and these two works so well. It's like Purity is Clarisonic's boyfriend or somethin. Inseparable.
I just pour some cleanser onto my Clarisonic and let it do its thang to my face for a minute

Toner
Like I mentioned, my skin is acne-prone. So I was reading and researching for the perfect toner that wont strip my skin off and i finally found the one and only
 T.N Dickinson Witch Hazel. Get this, this thing can be used on inflammations, cuts, wounds and whatever. It has some antibacterial properties that fights germs so its ofcoz good for acne. But.. it freaking stinks to the point that I almost puked when I first sniffed it.. like expired vodka or something eeew im used to it now it doesnt bother me as much.

Thats a used cotton. No trace of makeup at all rightttt

Moisturizer
To pre moisturize I use my ALL time fav Avene Soothing-Hydrating-Serum. Repurchased this twice coz i love everything about it. simple as that


And The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion is my choice of moisturizer at the moment. Actually really love the Body Shop tea Tree line. This is not heavy but it gets into your skin pretty well. Heard that the scent of this is offensive to some coz its pretty strong but i dont really care i love tea tree smell.

Eye Cream
From my previous post you know that I just got my Tarte maracuja-c-brighter-eye-treatment yesterday and I tried it and I absolutely love it. I even used it under my make up this morning and it doesnt interfere and didnt make my under eye make up run. It's so thick and moisturizing it might just be..perfect



Face Treatments
I also got the Philosophy Miracle-worker-dark-spot-corrector yesterday and I tried it last night and it made my skin soft for some reason. Not sure whether it's supposed to do that aside from the fact that it should eliminate traces of hyper pigmentation but this sort of products take time to work so I'll be patient and keep my fingers crossed?

Mask (occasionally)
Every Sunday I'll pamper my skin a bit usually from a havoc weekend by putting on a clay mask that I love. The Murad Clarifying Mask. I think it's a decent clay mask for problem skin. Clays are supposed to absorb pore clogging dirt and oil as it draws out impurities and this does the job.. bla bla all that good stuff, hence the purchase.

So that's it! And I repeat these steps every single evening I remove my make up without fail. 

Products mentioned: 

1. This Works Clean Skin 5 in 1 Water (RM101)
Only available online:
www.luxola.com
www.bathandunwind.com

2. Clarisonic Mia2 (RM550)
Available at all Sephora

3. Purity Made Simple 3 in 1 Cleanser (RM85)
Available at all Sephora

4. T.N Dickinson Witch Hazel (RM42 + shipping from America)
Only Available online:
www.iherb.com

5. Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum (RM98)
Available at Watsons, Guardians, Caring Pharmacies

6. The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion (RM49)
Available at The Body Shop

7. Tarte Maracula C Brighter Eye Treatment (RM140)
Available at all Sephora

8. Philosophy Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector (RM200)
Available at all Sephora

9. Murad Clay Mask (RM180)
Available at all Sephora

Xx.