Sunday, April 20, 2014

April Favorites; 2014

Its not even the end of the month yet, but im sureee  I already know my favorites for this month. So here goes :)

MAKE UP

1. Chanel Perfection Lumiere, RM168

Shade - 20 Beige           
Coverage - Medium to full, pretty buildable
Finish- Matte
Reviews I read bout this online lured me all the way to the Chanel counter in Isetan KLCC to get it and I loveeee this. The finish is completely matte that if your skin isnt as oily as mine I think that you can pull this off without a setting powder. It has a strong chemical florally smell to it though.. gotta admit i was pretty turned off by that at first but whatevs, the way it applies and the staying power's good enough for me to train my brain to ignore the scent haha. It does not break me out and Also! it has SPF10.. I'm all about the SPF's on my skin

2. Revlon Colorstay Foundation, RM52

Shade - 180 Sand Beige       
Coverage - Full
Finish- Satin
I usually cringe at the thought of drugstore foundations coz of my bad experiences in the past with most of em breaking me out like crayyyy. But this one's worth the hype. It has like a satin finish? not completely matte and ofcoz you need a setting powder to go with it  just a tiny bit. Other than that,
it has SPF15, it goes on smooth and I think its worth the money. Go out and get this! Only downside is that the shades are pretty limited in Malaysia

3.  TARTE Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation, RM140

Shade - Fair Honey/ Fair Light Neutral     
Coverage - Medium
Finish- Matte with a healthy glow
My first ever powder foundation and I'm simply impressed. All you need is a little bit of concealer and finish your face off with this and you're done. The finish of this is so pretty that it doesnt make your face look flat like some powders do maybe coz the texture's so creamy and that's kinda weird given that its powder? This gives a healthy glow to the skin and just makes it look radiant. But I think the best way to apply this is with their TARTE Airbuki Brush coz it delivers the best finish. I have both Fair Honey and Fair Light Neutral and I play around with the colors. If you're thinking of buying this, get a shade lighter coz it oxidizes throughout the day.

4. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, RM100

Shade - Custard       
Coverage - Full, just WOW
Staying Power- Amazing
Finish- Matte
I found my holygrail concealer im not joking coz THIS is the best discovery of make up I've ever made haha. This is the first cream concealer that can do the job as well as a stick concealer can. What's not to love about a maximum coverage creamy concealer which has my perfect shade and the best staying power? Covers scars and dark circles pretty damn well and its thick but not heavy! I just cannot explain that much in words. Please go to NARS Pavillion and just swatch this on your hand you'll get what I mean. Love it, can't live without it.

5. TARTE Smooth Operator, RM 120
This is a good finishing powder if you dont want any interference of color with your foundation coz sometimes, when you have the perfect shade of foundation, and you set it with a wrong shade of powder it will mess everything up. but you aint gotta worry bout that with this! haha coz you just need a teeny bit of it all over your face and it stays matte and will not leave a white cast on your face too. Just dont overdo it though, go light

6.TARTE Cheek Stain in True Love, RM120
Erecca gave this to me and I can't stop talking about it to everyone. The lasting power of this blush is just outta this world. I mean blushers never stay on my cheeks and not budge for the entire day but this does. Also, when you apply on top of your powder, it doesnt seperate your make up like other cream or stain blushers do. This is definitely my cheek's True Love haha so cliche whatever la

7. TARTE Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Park Ave Princess

This is just so perfect its not too dark or too brown or too golden, its just right there in the middle of all those confusion of what bronzers should be, and  I love how it looks on my skin with the perfect sheen to it. Unfortunately it's not available here in Malaysia and I'd have to go searching for something new when I run outta this but for now I'll savor it to its last use hehe

8. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Soft Brown
Im so depressed that this is not available here in Malaysia. I LOVE THISSS. I tried tons of eye brow pencil drugstore to high ends but nothing nothing i repeat nothing compares to this. It  is simply the best and I dont know what I'll do when i run out of it. Tell me what to do! haha okay drama aside la, it stays on like i got my brows tattoed all throughout work and against the oil on my forehead. If you get to buy this, stock it up, get 10 of it. That's just how much I love it.

9. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, RM17.90
I heard and read so much good stuff about this and I was like ah what the heck I gotta try this too right? haha and so I did and so I love it! The name do justice for this little pot right here. Just one layer on the lids and it stays put like a tattoo. Go over to Watsons/Guardian and swatch it on your hand if you don't trust me. I dont really have time to do like a fancy eye look for work and I finish my make up in just 15 minutes in the morning coz i'd rather get the extra sleep so this really helps make it look like I made an effort with the eyes.

10. NYX Butter Gloss, RM22
For the price, these are amazing. I got mine in Strawberry Parfait which is the pink one and Peach Cobler, the more orangey one. These are not sticky (which is the problem with most lip glosses), it moisturizes it smells great it looks good and I feel like getting them all!

11. Urban Decay All Nighter Make Up Setting Spray, RM 110
Once I was at Sephora with my mom and I sprayed this on my face just coz I feel like it and I went home, looked into the mirror and was shocked that my makeup did not budge. So ofcoz the next day I went ahead and get it. Like what everyone says this is like the hairspray for your face to just lock everything in place.

SKIN CARE

12. Philosophy Total Matteness Oil Free Mattifying Pore Eraser, RM155
I use this before my make up to just help control my shine throughout the day and it really does help. Its really watery and you just need the tiniest bit to cover your whole face. This will last me a while although the bottle's kinda small.

13. The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion, RM49
This moisturizer is not greasy and it works well under make up for those with oily skin. With all my effort of using almost everything to keep my face matte, I wouldnt want a greasy moisturizer to ruin everything haha. So this works great and its affordable too.

BODY

15. Victoria Secret's Bombshell Forever Body Mist, RM103
Im more of a perfume kinda girl but this body mist is just it! The smell is amaaaaazing, so fresh so girly so perfect for an everyday use. Since it's just a body mist, its not heavy and i can reapply it throughout the day as much as i fancy. Love it!

TOOLS

16. Beauty Blender + Solid Blender Cleanser, RM120
I dont know how I managed to live without both of em all these years. I got these two as a duo at Luxola and I contemplated so much before buying coz like 72 bucks for a sponge.. really?! but then I caved and went ahead to get it and I was like... wow no freakin wonder! The best part bout this is that you can clean it with the Solid cleanser after every application and thats what I do to get rid of the germs that will often cause breakouts. The cleanser cleanses the BB and my other brushes like no other. Gets rid of every bit of make up. And I use this damp and it applies my make foundation and concealer like a dream.

17. TARTE Airbuki Bursh, RM160? (Forgot the exact price but its around there)
I've never seen or touched a brush with bristles this dense and it makes applying my make up soooooo easy. I love it and thanks to my baby who got this for me. If you're getting the Tarte's Airbrush foundation, you gotta get this too! They're inseparable these two

18. Real Technique's Blush Brush, RM78
This brush has the softest synthetic bristles everrr. I bought it online at iHerb and it was $12 plus shipping from the states. Thats half the price of what they're selling here in Malaysia at Shins which is RM78. I love the way it applies my blush it makes it pretty effortless. Its super easy to clean and it dries real fast too!

SO thats it with my April Favorites! Quite a long one hope you enjoyed it! xx