Tuesday, August 5, 2014

July Favorites Part 1 - Make Up & Tools

I skipped June Favorites coz I was still in the midst of trying new products out to see whether I realllly love em. So here goes.

Stila Sun Bronzing Powder in 01 Light RM99

This is gorgeous. The color payoff and the way it gives my face that sun kissed tan look I just adore it. Just the right shade of tan which is not too
orangey or too brown. I use bronzing powders not really to contour but to just bronze my whole face coz I dont really like looking all white and suddenly full on pink on the cheeks. And this is just the perfect shade for me. For now. 

Sephora Sol De Rio Bronzer RM65
Look at how huge this is compared to the regular sized Stila Bronzer

You cannot complain when it comes to this. The size is huge and you get tons of product inside you can go ahead and bronze your whole body and no one would say a thing hahaha. Love this one too but not as much as the Stila one coz it's not really pigmented.


Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Warm Vanilla RM145
One of my FB friends recommended this to me and I’m glad she did. The most long wearing full coverage liquid foundation that I own and it’s sweat-proof. You can like.. go to the gym
with this and come out still looking perfectly made up after all that sweat. I guess? Hahaha I don’t know I don't exercise. No seriously, this is super long lasting. And the price is also cheaper than other branded foundations. It does not come with a pump which is a bummer but I replaced the gold lid with my old Bobbi Brown foundation's pump after thoroughly cleaning it of course. You can also get foundation pumps from MAC.

Estee Lauder double Wear Concealer in 02 Light Medium RM80
Got this just coz the foundation is so good and I’m lovin it. A little oilier than the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer but all’s good once I set it with powder. Coverage’s awesome and color selection is right up my alley. I chose the one with a more of a pink undertone just coz my other concealers are all with yellow undertones. Concealers with pink or salmon undertones are most suitable for counteracting dark circles so this is great for that!

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX04 RM157.50
Well my previous post was about this. You can read about it here. As you know the only downside is the scent but it disappears after a while so its pretty bearable. Lookin for a concealer with complete coverage that could even cover the blackest tattoo? Get this.

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20 RM80
Don’t get how this concealer works coz its so liquid-y and runny but its pigmented and stays put after being blended in. Don’t really like MAC products but this is good. Can be used on spots and under eyes without creasing after setting it with powder.

Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner RM59
Eyeko just came in to Sephora Malaysia last month YAY! So famous for their eyeliners and mascaras so I just had to try you know.. super glad I did coz its SO black, SO matte and SO longlasting. The most perfect liquid liner ever. BUT this is the thick version and Malaysia is not selling the thin one for now. So if youre not really a big fan of thick wing liner look, this one’s not for you. Kinda tough creating a thin line with this one.

Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in True Pink RM88
Finally a non drying matte lipstick. The color is so pretty and it makes me look "fresh". haha. Can be used for any occasion in my opinion.

NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee RM22
I’m a sucker for these butter glosses. The formula is just right. Non sticky which is a must. I have 3 now and it’s so hard to get the shades that I want coz they’re ALWAYS sold out. Finally got my Crème Brulee and it’s a nude gloss that you can top off your lip color to tone it down a shade or two.


See by Chloe RM300

One of those perfumes that has been around but I never actually tried the scent before. Then two of my fav beauty bloggers from UK Amelia Liana & Essie Button raved about this and kept saying that they can't describe how this smelled like and so I sniffed it at Sephora and got it. Fav scent ever ok! Its feminine but not too girlish which im all for. 

Sigma F84 Angled Kabuki Brush RM77
I’m head over heels for Sigma Brushes coz for the price, the quality is just bombdigs. I love this for contouring or blush. So dense and picks up just the right amount of product to avoid wastage.

Sigma F35 Tapered Highlighter Brush RM74.50

Been using this to set my under eye concealer with powder and oh my god it makes such a difference that my undereye area doesn’t look all cakey or what not coz this brush somehow knows just how much product to distribute all over the area. Im just obsessed.

Next post will be on skin care. Xx